Monday, February 22, 2016

Albums I'm looking forward to: The Thermals - We Disappear

Recently, I came to the decision to finally cut my cable. The only thing I watch on TV anymore is The Simpsons and Jeopardy, and the upcoming season of Archer. I rarely even watch the news anymore. Lately I've found myself putting it on in the background and running marathons of Hoarders or some shit like that. It's time to shut it off and put on some more music and read more.

So, as I count down to the cut off this weekend, I've been digging into my music catalogue more. After a marathon session of Elvis Costello bootlegs and live albums that blurred together in a blissful four hours I barely remember, I was so zoned out on good music, I put on Desperate Ground by The Thermals, one of my favourite albums of 2013. By Dobbs, I love this band. They are insistent and demand to be listened to, and don't care if you listen to them, like any good punk band.

This morning, their Facebook feed had an article from Paste Magazine, talking about their upcoming album, We Disappear, coming out late March on Saddle Creek Records.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/02/catching-up-with-the-thermals-1.html

And they've got their first single out too, "Hey You". This has a very strong punch to it. I can't wait for this album. It'll be a nice late birthday present for myself. Yeah, I usually buy myself lots of music for my birthday. Just like Christmas. And every other holiday...



No comments:

Post a Comment